Association of Medical Advisers to British Orchestras
AMABO is a group of independent doctors on the BAPAM Directory of Practitioners who provide medical advice to players in certain specific UK orchestras. If you are an orchestral player in one of these orchestras, your AMABO doctor can provide you with free confidential advice about any health or medical problem that might be affecting your performance.
Contact details of your AMABO doctor should be provided through your orchestra. You can also call the BAPAM Helpline on 020 7404 8444.
Orchestras and doctors interested in taking part in the AMABO scheme can contact the BAPAM office for information.
The orchestras and doctors involved in this scheme currently are as follows:
- Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra: Dr Tina A’Ness, Dr David Knott
- ENO: Dr Michael Shipley
- Hallé Orchestra: Dr Bill Tamkin
- Northern Sinfonia: Dr Lynne Bloxham
- Philharmonia Orchestra: Dr Peter Newman
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra: Dr Peter Warren
- South Bank Sinfonia: Dr Marcus Lewis
- Ulster Orchestra: Dr Christine Hunter